This review for the Buck Zipper knife was provided by Ronald H. from Pennsylvania. Thanks Ronald for your review & good luck. I guess that Ronald can’t have too many hunting knives.
Manufacturer’s Specs for the Buck® Zipper™:
The Zipper is a gut hook knife that works just like a zipper. The combination of edge angle and hook length performs beautifully. Back in 1993, there were a lot of gut hooks on the market that just didn’t do the job. So, CJ Buck, a 4th generation Buck helped to design a knife that would live up to the family name. This knife with a rubber handle and brass guard and butt is a tool you can count on.
- Blade Length: 4 1/4 inches (10.8 cm.)
- Blade Material: Satin Finish 420HC Stainless Steel
- Carry System: Black, heavy duty nylon sheath with tough plastic insert
- Fixed blade
- Handle Material: Texturized rubber
- Weight: 6.6 ounces (187.9 grams)
What I like about the knife:
1. The 4 and 1/8th inch blade is crafted from 420 high carbon steel, which holds a great edge even after many uses. The tang extends to the end of the handle (full tang). This is a great feature that will protect you from an unsuspected break or separation from the handle.
2. Buck’s patented gut hook will come in handy for skinning wild game and surviving in the wilderness. Although strong and effective, this feature does not take away from the overall strength of the knife.
3. Your fingers are protected from slipping unto the blade thanks to the rock solid brass guard. This is especially useful if you go with the wooden-handle version, which is more slippy than it’s rubber counterpart.
4. Surviving the wilderness with a cheaply made sheath can be pretty difficult. The Buck Zipper comes with a durable nylon sheath that will hold up to years of hard use.
5. My blade came hair-shaving sharp right out of the box. The hollow ground, drop-point style blade is perfect for making precise cuts or tearing through fibrous materials with ease.
If you have a different view of the Buck Zipper or you just want to put in your 2 cents on this knife then leave your comment below.