Have you used the G5 Outdoors Expert Pro™ rest? It’s a bit different than traditional drop aways because it attaches to the upward buss cable rather than the down cable. Is this an improvement? Tell others what you think of the Expert Pro™ by leaving a comment below.
Buy the G5 Expert Pro™ drop away rest
(2/25/11) The review for G5′s Expert Pro arrow rest was left for us by Rocky from Houston, Texas. Thanks Rocky. Hate to hear this about the Expert Pro. Hope you’ve had better luck with other drop aways.
G5 makes outstanding products; however, do not waste your money on the Expert Pro rest. It has blown apart three different times on me when shooting. It’s tricky to put back together. There seems to be a lot of excessive force since the cord is tied to the upward bus cable. There’s probably 6 inches or so of slack travel on the up cable when bow is drawn.
After release, the very last inch takes the “jerk” (like a running dog hitting the end of his chain). It yanks the rest back down out of the way, counter clockwise, twitching the pivot point screw a little looser with each shot. If you tighten the screw fully it will lock up the arrow rest. The fall away cord is under tension when bow is at rest. I got tired of making unexpected emergency repairs and simply threw my $100+ Expert Pro in the trash.
If you buy it, I guarantee you will end up regretting it.
Manufacturer’s Specs for the Expert Pro™:
The Expert Pro connects on the upward buss cable, eliminating tension on the buss cable and thus avoids the risk of pulling the bottom cam out of synch that could affect the timing or let-off. In addition, the new expert pro offers an easier set up and a new ball bearing design for improved durability.
- Sealed ball bearings for added durability and smooth performance.
- Attaches to upward buss cable improving cam synchronization.
- Will not affect bow timing or bow let-off.
- Reverse technology supports arrow 5 times longer. (I’m not really sure what this means)
- Prolonged arrow contact and mechanical drop away helps to produce better groups.
- Easy setup and tuning.
- Extremely quiet. No metal to metal contact.
- Precision micro-windage and elevation adjustment.