(1/13/11) The review for the Apex Atomic bow sight was provided by Chapman F. from somewhere in Ohio. Thank you Chapman for your review. I still cant wrap my head around how the single pins work. Of course I’m a multi-pin sight guy myself.
This sight is really worth the 50 bucks. It is made of metal and not plastic like some of the cheaper bowsights. Most sights 50 bucks or under are cheaply made meaning that they are either plastic or the screw holes strip out very easily. The atomic doesn’t. It was very easy to tune. Only took about 15 minutes. The only withdraw is that you have to aim low on the target for closer distances and higher for longer distances.
For example; sight it in to 30 yards. Aim low if the target is at 20 yards and high if it is at 40 yards. Also, the pin itself is very bright and if you dont like the pin coming from the bottom, flip the sight and put the pin on top. Overall a great product. I will be using again.
Manufacturer’s Specs for the Atomic:
- Single 0.029” or 0.019″ diameter fiber to simplify sight picture.
- Extra-long, fully integrated/protected wrapped fiber.
- Innovative pivoting elevation bracket reduces the number of sight components.
- Thin vertical metal blade supports fiber while increasing visibility.
- One-piece all metal head.
- Ultra light and compact size.
- Large circular field of view.
- Aperture has 1.8” inner diameter.
- Glow-in-the-dark shooter’s ring helps align peep sight.
- Level has two vertical bars.
- Adjustable for left and right handed users.
- Laser markings for windage & elevation adjustments.
- Violet LED light included.