Wildgame Innovations 2.0 Mega Pixel Digital Trail Camera With Infrared Flash
Average customer review: 4.0 stars
(4 customer reviews)
2 MP DIGITAL SCOUTING CAMERA
- Amazon Sales Rank: #399940 in Sports & Outdoors
- Brand: Wild Game Innovations
- UPC: 616376500718
- Model: IR2
- Released on: 2010-09-09
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 1.00 pounds
- 2.0 mega pixel resolution digital game scouting camera features an infrared flash.
- Comes with 2 bungee cords for easy mounting, a USB mini-5 cable for fast downloads, a guide, and CD rom.
- 25-foot flash range and 40-foot sensor range, large LCD programming screen.
- 3 fixed settings for easy set-up, 64MB onboard memory, accommodates up to a 2GB SD Card (sold separately) for photo storage.
- Duty cycle of approximately 4 weeks on (4) C-cell batteries (batteries sold separately), 1 year warranty.
Economical, efficient, and super easy to operate the IR2 2.0MP Digital Game Scouting Camera with Infrared Flash is a must-have for any serious hunter. Ultra simple to use, the IR2 has 3 fixed settings: active mode for 24-hour coverage, delay mode for a 1-minute delay between photos, and a resolution preset for image quality and camera speed. All you have to do is turn on the camera and set the date and time. Capturing images of game within a 25 to 40 foot radius, day or night--without spooking the animals--thanks to infrared technology, the IR2 is literally your incognito eyes in the woods. Each image is clearly marked with the time, date, and photo number so you know exactly what is happening and when. The camera's sophisticated passive infrared sensor (PIR) activates by motion or heat within a 40-foot area, and the powerful infrared high intensity ray illuminates a photo of fun quality that is undetectable to the animals.
Coming complete and ready to set up with 2 bungee cords for flexible mounting, the IR2 Camera boasts ABS plastic weather resistant housing with a rubber gasket to keep the elements out while the camera scouts the game. The camera takes jpeg-format still photos that you can download easily with the included USB Mini-5 Cable. In addition to the generous 64MB of onboard memory, the camera accepts a 2GB for ample image storage that can be removed for quick and easy downloads and printing. A large LCD screen provides easy set-up and readouts of the camera's functions, and an onboard, built-in battery retains date and time settings if the primary battery power fails. The IR2 camera requires (4) C-cell batteries to operate and boasts a generous duty cycle of approximately 4 weeks. Backed by a 1-year warranty, the IR2 Digital Game Scouting Camera from Wildgame Innovations makes game scouting efficient, easy, and affordable.
- Fixed Settings: Active 24 hours per day, delay of 1 minute, still images
- Infrared Flash with an 18 piece high intensity LED array
- Infrared Flash Range: up to 25 feet
- Sensor: passive infrared sensor (PIR) activates when motion and heat are detected
- Sensor Range: up to 40 feet
- Onboard Memory: 64 MB
- External Memory: removable SD memory card up to 2.0 GB
- Large LCD Command Console
- Programming: digital
- Duty Cycle: approximately 4 weeks on factory default settings
- Built-in battery retains date and time settings
- ABS plastic, weather resistant housing with rubber gasket
- 2 bungee cords included with tree peg design for easy mounting
- Image Mode: still
- Image Format: jpeg
- Image Resolution: 2.0 megapixel
- Onboard Memory: 64 MB
- Removable Memory: up to a 2 GB SD card
- USB Output: 5-pin mini USB Style
- Image Output: 5-pin mini USB / SD Card
- LCD Screen Size: 1.9 x 0.9-inch (WxH)
- Primary Power Supply: (4) C-cell batteries (sold separately)
What's in the Box?
IR2 2.0MP Digital Game Scouting Camera, 2 mounting bungee cords, USB Mini-5 Cable, product guide and CD Rom
Most helpful customer reviews
15 of 16 people found the following review helpful.
Good Infrared Images
By S. Domingue
This little camera take great night shots for the price. I find the battery life to be better when I set the delay a little longer than the default time. You end up getting less pictures of the same deer over and over, which results in you getting more battery life, and pictures of more animals.
I've got 2 or 3 of this model, and I haven't had a problem with any of them yet.
I mentioned in another review that the external battery is a good option, so I'll do the same here. Wild Game Innovations External 6V Battery Pack
It's worth trying out if you intend to leave your camera out for longer periods of time.
8 of 8 people found the following review helpful.
Wildgame Innovation 2.0 mp digital camera wit infrared flash
This trail cam is great for the money I purchased two of them but make sure you get the infrared and not the flash model so you don't spook the deer. I also found it to be helpful if you reset the time delay instead to two minutes then the preset flash of one minute to extend battery life or you could just purchase the extra external 6v battery pack then you have no worries! Great cam for the price if you don't mind the pictures being black and white at night.
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful.
Great Game Camera
By White Tail Hunter
I am very pleased with this camera, I know that 2 megapixels is low but it really does what I specifically purchased it for. I'm not looking to blow up a picture and hang it on the wall, I simply wanted a camera that will take pictures of the deer that were passing by. It's not the fastest with trigger time, but a simple solution to that is point the camera down the desired trail instead of pointing it across the trail. I initially thought that this would spook the deer, especially with all of the blinking lights that go off before the camera takes a picture. Not so, I've got great pictures and pictures of 140-150 inch bucks. I've purchased 3 of these cameras and I have tons of pictures of bucks and does alike actually curious of what the camera is doing. One of my pictures is of a 2 year old 8 point sniffing the camera. My hope is that in a couple of years that buck will be sniffing a doe in the area and I'll be there waiting for him. :-)