Redfield Raider 550 Laser Rangefinder
Average customer review: 4.5 stars
(13 customer reviews)
When a big buck strolls into the clearing you've scouted for months, don't rely on a guesstimate. Shoot with confidence; knowing the Raider™ 550 will put you right on the money. Imported by Redfield®, the lightweight, compact Raider 550 uses a precision laser for fast, accurate ranges to your trophy. When a big buck steps into the clearing you’ve been scouting for months, don’t rely on a guesstimate. Shoot with confidence; knowing the Raider™ 550 will put you right on the money. Tested and monitored by the experts at Redfield, the lightweight and compact Raider 550 uses a precision laser for fast, accurate ranges to your trophy. Simply press and release the button for a single reading in yards, or press and hold the button for continuous distance updates as your trophy approaches. Measuring only 3.7 inches in length, and weighing a mere 5 ounces, the Raider’s efficient 3-channel design keeps bulk to a bare minimum, while the CR-2 battery ensures maximum battery life. Complete with a field-ready case and covered by the Redfield Electronics Warranty, the Raider is a no-nonsense rangefinder for no-nonsense hunters.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #456077 in Sports & Outdoors
- Brand: Redfield
- Released on: 2010-05-25
- Compact laser rangefinder with a 550-yard effective range and accuracy to the nearest yard; comes with field-ready case
- 1-button operation for ease of use; 6x magnification for a close-up view
- High-speed, digital processor and powerful laser for quick and accurate ranging
- Measures less than 4 inches long and weighs less than 5 ounces
- Efficient battery use--operates on (1) CR-2 battery; 1-year warranty
Be ready the to take aim and fire on the big buck you've scouted for months, without relying on a guesstimate--the Raider 550 Laser Rangefinder from Redfield delivers the accuracy you need for a successful shot quickly and easily. Equipped with a powerful, precision laser and a high-speed, digital processor, the Raider 550 provides fast, accurate ranges to your trophy. Lightweight and compact at just 3.7 inches long, the Raider 550 fits in the palm of your hand and can be carried in a pocket. Easy to use--when you're ready to range simply press and release the button for a single reading in yards, or press and hold the button for continuous distance updates as your trophy approaches. With an efficient 3-channel design that keeps bulk to a bare minimum and a CR-2 battery for maximum battery life, the Raider 550 will not let you down at your big moment. Coming complete with a field-ready case and covered by the Redfield Electronics Warranty, the Raider is a no-nonsense rangefinder for no-nonsense hunters.
- Compact Size: At less than 4 inches long and under 5 ounces, the Raider is a powerful tool in a tiny package. Easy to carry and handle, it's a little rangefinder that makes a big difference.
- Magnification: The 6x magnification lets you get up close and personal while ranging. Make sure you're dialed in on that deer, or use your Raider as an instant spotter when game is close.
- Peak Performance: High-speed, digital processor and powerful laser combine to deliver quick, accurate ranging in the field.
- Battery Power: The Raider's efficient energy use means longer battery life, so it will be ready whenever you are. And when the battery does go dry, simply replace it with a common CR-2 battery.
- Easy to Use: With simple, one button operation, the Raider is ideally suited for fast action in the field. One press of the button, ranges your target instantly, while a press and hold will let you scan the landscape, returning ranges for various landmarks or big game.
- 6X Magnification
- Maximum Range: 550 yards / 503 meters
- Minimum Range: 6 yards / 5.5 meters
- Minimum Focus: 19.8 feet / 6 meters
- Objective Aperture: 23 millimeters
- Twilight Factor: 11
- Exit Pupil: 3.3 millimeters
- Eye Relief: 12 millimeters
- Field of View: 6 Degrees?325 feet @ 1000 yards / 100 meters @ 1000 meters
- Weight with Battery: 5 ounces / 140 grams
- Length: 3.7 inches / 95 millimeters
Most helpful customer reviews
9 of 9 people found the following review helpful.
Very good for the price
By Kevin C. Hayes
I bought this Rangefinder for when I get into hunting. For the price, you really can't beat it. The only drawback that could be written, is that the clarity of what you're viewing at 100-200 yards isn't that great. However, most people pick these up and think that it's more of a spotting scope than rangefinder and immediately get unnerved that they can't see their bullet holes on the targets. That is not what a range finder is for, you may not see bullet holes, but you absolutely will be able to place it on a deer 300 yards out and know what it is. I tested this at my range since I know exactly how far away each post is. Up to 200 yards, this is literally dead on.
On a side note, you may read a lot of reviews of people saying that their rangefinder does not report back the range when they aim it at a target. There is a very simple reason for this. RF's send out a signal which spreads out over distance and reflects back to the sensor. If I have an 8 inch target 15 yards away that signal comes out of the RF and hits it at pretty much 8 inches wide. However at 200 yards, that signal kept widening and may be as wide as a truck. So aiming at the 8 inch target will not produce results, you want to aim at something much bigger near the target. So if you're aiming at a deer and can't pick it up, but that deer is standing right next to a boulder 3 times it's size, zoom in on that and you'll get a reading. Any Rf in this price range will have little issues like that, but it's def a small inconvenience vs cost.
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful.
Greatest Little Range Finder for the Money
I bought this after much review. I had looked at purchasing maney others however the Redfield 550 was priced right! As far as the unit goes: it is well made and reads at many different lights and environments. I use it for Bow Hunting and rifle hunting. It is very accurate. I would urge anyonme to get this range finder!
8 of 10 people found the following review helpful.
More than I hoped
I have been using an old/cheap rangefinder for years. it has been fairly accurate, but is hard to see the flagstick clearly. This rangefinder is exceptionally bright, and provides a enlarged and clear field of view. It was easy to set it for my eyesight(glasses), just a quick twist and it was ready. It has proven to be as accurate as my buddy's gps without sucking the battery of my phone dry and it is more convenient since I can chose what distance I want to measure. I am also able to see the terrain clearly which is very helpful in deciding the shot I want to take. Oh, did I say I am using it for golf? It is a good performer and the size is handy for stowing in my bag without taking up too much space and it fits easily on my walking cart. After seeing mine and trying it, several of my buddies are considering getting one as well. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.