Read and leave reviews about popular outdoor products.
Outdoor products reviewed by master Outdoorsmen.
Make sure you grab the RSS feed to stay updated. See you around!
|(1 reviews) based on|
(1/3/11) The review for WI’s IR5 was provided by Shaun S. from Pittsfield, MA. Thanks Shaun for the review.
THIS CAM HAS HELPED TREMENDOUSLY THIS YEAR. IT IS SO GREAT TO BE ABLE TO HAVE A CAMERA IN THE WOODS CAPTURING PICTURES OF THE UNKOWN WITHOUT ANY EFFORT FROM US HUNTERS. THE WILD GAME TRAIL CAM WAS AN INEXPENSIVE CAMERA THAT STILL HAD QUALITY OF THE HIGHER PRICED CAMERAS.
I NOTICED WITH THIS CAMERA I WAS GETTING SHOTS OUT TO 40 YARDS AND THAT WAS PRETTY IMPRESSIVE. THE CAMERA TAKES A NICE CRISP PICTURE AND IS PRETTY QUICK TO CAPTURE THE PHOTO. ITS BATTERY LIFE IS GREAT AND THE INFRARED IS AWESOME TO HAVE BECAUSE IT DOES NOT SPOOK ANYTHING. I WOULD GIVE THIS TRAIL CAM A 7 OUT OF 10. ITS GREAT FOR THE LOW INCOME HUNTER, YET STILL HAS FEATURES OF THE HIGHER PRICED TOP END CAMERAS.
PS AND IT HELPED ME BAG MY FIRST BOW BUCK A MONSTER 9 !!!
Manufacturer’s Specs for the IR5:
Wildgame Innovations ir5 camera features 64MB of on board memory, an infrared flash and a large programming screen. Can accomodate up to a 8GB SD card (Not included) to store images on. Uses 4 PCS. C-cell batteries (Not included). LCD displays time, date, photos, battery level, active period settings, and camera delay settings.
- Resolution: 5MP
- Infrared flash: 19 high intensity LED array
- IR flash range: up to 40 feet
- Sensor: Passive Infrared Sensor (PIR) activates when motion and heat are detected.
- Sensor range: up to 40 feet
- Onboard memory: 64MB
- Format: JPEG – Digital still pictures & AVI digital video clips
- External memory: Can accommodate removable SD memory card up to 8GB
- USB output: 5 pin mini-USB
- Image output: 5 pin mini-USB & SD card
- LCD Display: 2.1 inch x .7 inch LCD display
- Programming: digital
- Primary power: 4 C Cell batteries
- Auxiliary power: External battery port
- Duty cycle: Approximately 4 weeks on factory default settings
- Onboard power: Built in NiMH included to retain date and time settings.
- Housing: Weather resistant ABS plastic with rubber gasket
- Mounting: Bungee cord and tree peg design