Have you used Leupold’s® latest and greatest RX-1000i rangefinder while hunting or on your 3D shoots? If you have, tell us what you think by leaving a comment below.
Leupold RX-1000i Rangefinder with TBR & DNA Technology
(3/16/11) The review for the Leupold RX-1000i rangefinder was left for us by Wes H. from Iowa Park, Texas. Thanks Wes for the review.
I purchased this rangefinder mostly for bowhunting, but after using it a few times, I wouldn’t go in the field without it. I tried several different brands of rangefinders at a major outdoors store and found this one to be the best choice for the performance/cost. There may be more expensive ones out there, but this one had the best clarity, ease of use, and easiest to read display for me. The red LED’s are adjustable to match the users needs and stand out well in the woods.
I found that the TBR feature works great, ecspecially on the bow settings. It gives the user true distance and adjusted shooting distance depending on the shooting angle. I had used this while practicing 30-50 yard shots from a 14′ stand at an archery range. The RX1000i gave the true and adjusted distance, I put the correct pin for the adjusted distance on target, and WHAM a perfect shot was made.
This rangefinder will always be in the woods with me regardless of bow or gun hunting. I can’t wait to try some long distance shots on the rifle range and try the ballistics TBR.
Manufacturer’s Specs for the RX-1000i Rangefinder:
- True Ballistic Ranging® (TBR) technology accounts for incline, range to target, and your ballistics information.
- Our next generation rangefinder engine with DNA (Digitally eNhanced Accuracy) delivers increased accuracy, speed and range.
- High-performance optics deliver a 3x brighter picture image for accurate ranging in low-light conditions.
- 6x magnification gives you plenty of power, while maintaining a wide field of view to track game on the move.
- Advanced OLED technology is user adjustable to match display intensity for changing light conditions.
- Choose from three different reticles: Plus Point™, Duplex, and Duplex with Plus Point.
- Powered by the readily available CR2 lithium camera battery, the RX-1000i with DNA features a convenient battery power indicator.
- Truly Compact – At 3.8 inches long, 2.8 inches tall, and 7.8 ounces, the RX-1000i with DNA is a powerful tool that fits in your pocket.
- Machined aluminum makes up the tough, weatherproof frame and body.
- Accurate ranging up to 1,000 yards on reflective targets, with measurement readouts in yards or meters.
- Continuous range updates in Scan Mode keep you on target as you track movement or scan an area.
- An intuitive, redesigned Quick Set Menu is easier to use in the field, thanks to on-screen prompts.
- Accessories included: The RX-1000i with DNA comes with a Cordura® holster, battery, lanyard, and complete instructions.